It definitely had me thinking. I blog because I love to write, I love to escape, and I love the bonds and friendships I have made from it. I love that I have a space of my own to express my creativity and to do what I love.
But then it had me thinking, well, why would anyone want to read MY blog? There are a million different blogs out there. What is it about my blog that would keep them coming back? Well, new friends, I am here to tell you!
Oh, whoops, I forgot to introduce myself. Hi. I'm Sierra. I blog at Sierra's View. (I already forgot my manners. So rude). My blog is lifestyle blog. I originally started it many years ago to document my travels to Kenya and Fiji.
1. I'm a teacher. I know, you're probably thinking, "Ugh a teacher. Soooo boring. Why would anyone want to read about a teacher's life?" Except here's the thing. I post the hilarious things that my students say, do, etc. I talk about touching stories and the hardships. I talk about teaching in different countries. Plus, I teach 6th grade, so let's just say that the BO and drama is almost worth the minimal amount of money I make in a year.
2. What you see is what you get. No, you may think I am kidding. But I am not. I am one of the most raw, genuine people you will ever meet. I am sarcastic. I can be rude. I talk about my trials. I just write what I know. I don't try to be someone I'm not. And I try to convey that in my blog.
3. I'm really pretty. See.
4. No, seriously. I'm better looking than that. Sometimes. That helps, right? I read an article about how babies look more at people who are more attractive. I am hoping I can reel you in with a pretty photo of me.
5. Since we are on this road, I have a husband named Tanner. But, I refer to him as T Money. He's freaking hilarious. And he writes me the sweetest love letters on my blog. And since we are on this shallow roll, he's super hot. (He has single brothers…)
6. I love to travel. I talk about all of my experiences of teaching in Kenya, Fiji, Puerto Rico, etc. I travel throughout the country. T Money and I love to go for adventures and get away so there are usually very cool pictures.
7. I write really embarrassing stories that will make you feel better about yourself. No, really. Like last week I posted about having to pee on the side of the road. Yea….
8. I'm super funny.
I wish I had something to back this up. But I don't. Just trust me on this one. (See…sarcasm). I even linked that to a post about 10 types of people to stop following on social media. Let's hope I don't become one of those for you. Haha.
9. I try my hardest to communicate, respond, send emails, get to know my readers. I genuinely appreciate you reading my blog and I will do my best to get to know you and your blog!
10. The last and final reason is: I can buy your love.
If I haven't convinced you enough…hopefully this next part will.
I am giving away a 20$ Starbucks Gift Card to one of you lucky people on Shane's blog! You have to become my friend. See, I'm literally buying your love. I bet you don't hate that, right? :)
Also!!!! Me and some beautiful women are giving away 200$ Cold Hard Cash. Yep. Can you believe it? CASH. Boom. Right there in your pocket. You don't want to miss out on this one. Good luck!
Rachel | Melissa | Laura | Sierra | Ashley | Jules | Heather | Becca | Kelly | Christine | Holly | Kolbi | Morgan | Rachael | Rebekah | Allison | Jenny | Vivian | Kelly