What is it with the intrigue of this show? I honestly can't seem to pinpoint it. I think it might have to do with the fact that it's every girl's fantasy--to have men fawn over you, or the traveling and romantic dates that none of us ever get to experience in our real lives, or simply just the intrigue of 15 men/women fighting for one person. I know it's silly. But, the main reason why I watch this show is because I love to analyze the people. I love to brain type them and figure out their relationship (I'm such a weirdo). Plus, I think it's hilarious. Guy drama, especially. Maybe I am, in a sick, twisted, sort of way, vicariously living through their alcohol-induced, fame-craved life that they live in for a few weeks.
Anyway, I haven't posted about this season yet. Every few episodes, I will tweet while I watch it, but not a post. And because it's such an important, social issue that is happening, I have to write my opinion and thoughts about it. (And I know you all care so much--ha). Since the ending of the season will be over in two weeks, I thought I would give some overall thoughts of this season and the particular people. Because, you know, I love judging people. I especially love it when they judge me. And plus, the top three is when it gets interesting and awesome.
- I love Andi. I think she is a confident, sensitive, successful, spunky, beautiful woman with a great personality. I think she is there for the right reasons and truly wants to find a relationship. I love how candid and frank she has been with the guys. She doesn't beat around the bush when she talks to them. She does a fairly good job at being "real" and authentic. Her clothes, however, I don't like. I feel like she has dressed really skanky this season. I remember on Juan Pablo's season, she was quite modest (she was the only one on the whole show with a one piece swimsuit). It seems like either she, or the show, is trying to make her look more "sexy" and her clothes are too much. Side boob…yuck. No one wants to see that. And I can't stand her pouty face.
- Overall, I liked most of the guys on this season. I thought, more than usual, they were successful, pretty good guys. I don't think a lot of them were very cute, but I do think they were, as an overall entity, quite respectful, funny, decent human beings. (I especially loved Marquel! I thought he was awesome and hilarious!)
- Chris: Well, isn't he just the sweetest?! Let's be real here for a second. He was never going to win. Andi loved the idea of him, because, well, he's basically the best guy in the world. But, they did not have chemistry. The reason why he made it as far as he did was because the show wants him to be the next Bachelor. Duh. They were editing the show to make him look even more wonderful because next season is going to be the The Bachelorette: Farmers Edition. Boom. I love it. Genius editing and marketing, bachelorette show. I'm impressed. I mean, I could be wrong. But I have a feeling thats what is going to happen. Chris was/is a great guy, but him and Andi were not compatible. At all.
- Josh: Hottie Mchottie. Do not get me wrong. The guy is a babe. And totally my type. I love the jocks. Always have. It's funny because my husband is kind of a jock, but like, not really. He's way more "hipster and adventurous" than a jock. But, growing up, I looooved the jocks. So I get her infatuation with him. At first, I hated Josh. I thought he was annoying, and such a "guy's guy." Ya know, a MAN. But, as I have continued to watch the show, he's kind of grown on me. I think he is totally into Andi and really likes her. He's quite jealous though and that's kind of annoying. Too much of a "machista" for me, but whatever. I get it. Andi is really into the "men." She likes them masculine. Yet, there is still something fishy about him. I can't seem to pinpoint it. Ever since the lie detector thing, I feel like he has been hiding something. Like something is just…off. But I think it might be that he isn't very good at expressing his emotions verbally. I think Andi is really attracted to him, but I'm not sure if he's intelligent enough for her. Ugh and I hated his family. Their obsession with his little brother and the NFL! I have heard of his brother. He's an amazing athlete. I come from a huge athletic family, famous athletes even, so I understand, but they were clearly very obsessed with their children being famous. And his mom…woof. She rubbed me the wrong way. Josh is a huge softy at heart though…he is quite emotional and I think it's kind of sweet. He loves Andi, that's for sure. I just don't know if he can challenge her enough. All in all, I don't hate him. I don't love him, either. But, he is pretty to look at. I'm pretty sure Josh is an ESTP (What say, ye, Mckenna & Lexie?) which basically means he is going to suck at expression emotion, which Andi struggles with because she is quite good at it.
- Nick. Here are my thoughts on Nick. And I might get yelled at for this. But I don't hate him. I really don't. Here's why: Yes, Nick does not really get along with the other guys. But I think the reasons for that are like five-fold haha. 1) I think he is super focused on Andi and I think he sincerely likes her, so logically, he doesn't see the reality of being buddy-buddy with the other guys. I understand that. 2) He is not a super emotional guy. I think he's sensitive, but not emotional. Like they showed a clip of him when they all found out about Eric and he just sat there…stunned. I don't think he was that close with him, and I think he was just trying to process it. He keeps to himself on things like that so it comes across like he is a huge tool. 3) I think the show is editing him to be like that for drama purposes. I don't think he really is that bad and that the guys hate him that much. I really don't. 4) He is a NERD! He's a total nerd with a lisp and he needs to fix his hair. He is an intelligent salesman, but a huge nerd. And I think that he probably doesn't have the best social skills because of that. I guarantee he wasn't super cool growing up. But he has that sense of "intellectual superiority" to him where he kind of acts like he's better than everyone else. I think he knows he's smarter and kind of more intelligent than the others. 5) He's not very cute. (That body, though…wow. That came out of nowhere.) But, I don't think he's as ugly as everyone else is saying though. I think he's kinda cute! Especially when they went to that island and he got more tan. That helped a ton. But, Andi is very attracted to him because he's smooth. And he's head over heels for her. He gives her those intellectual and mental and physical needs, where Josh doesn't give her all of them. If that makes sense. I sort of feel like he is just really misunderstood! Haha.
- I honestly can say I have NO idea who she is going to pick. I think the show is trying to convince you that it's Nick, but who knows. It'll be interesting! I don't know who she is more compatible with!
Whew. I'm sure I forgot something. But that's all for now. Haha.
What are some of your thoughts on the top two guys?
Do you like them/not like them?
Do you agree/disagree with some of the above statements?